Monday, December 12, 2005

I don't want much. I just want the laptop I ordered and paid for almost six weeks ago.

Dear Mr. Dell,

The following letter was sent by me to Dell Corporate Headquarters on Friday via FedEx Priority Overnight. It was received at 7:46 this morning according to FedEx's online tracking tool (http://www.fedex.com, tracking number 855570270916). Just in case you missed it, here it is again.

8 December 2005

Michael Dell, Chairman
Dell Computer Corporation
One Dell Way
Round Rock, TX 78682

Dear Mr. Dell,

My name is Richard Barrett. I am writing to you because I have a problem regarding an order I placed with Dell that neither customer service representatives nor their managers appear to be able to fix. Please consider the following course of events:

5 November—I order a 700m laptop from Dell.com, order number #658597424. Shipping option: USPS, 4-7 business days, pickup at post office. Anticipated shipping date: 12 November. Seventh business day after anticipated shipping date: 22 November.

12 November—The laptop ships according to online account status. Shipping status of order: "In Transit", with a note that a tracking number should be available in 48-72 hours.

17 November--I get an automated phone call from Dell telling me that the laptop has shipped and that I will get another automated phone call when I can pick up the laptop at the post office. Shipping status of order: "In Transit", with a note that a tracking number should be available in 48-72 hours.

22 November--No laptop. Shipping status of order: "In Transit", with a note that a tracking number should be available in 48-72 hours.

28 November--I still don't have the laptop. An online chat session with Ashakiran Sharma in customer service produces the information that there was a "shipping error" and that the item could not be delivered. A replacement is initiated, and I'm told my original shipping charges will be refunded, I'm given reference number 65469087, and I'm told that a new order number should be trackable online within 24-48 hours. A new machine will have to be built from scratch, I'm told, and that will take 5-7 business days, but then it will be overnighted to me at no additional charge. Session ID for this chat: 402723. Shipping status of original order: "In Transit", with a note that a tracking number should be available in 48-72 hours.

30 November--An e-mail from a different rep (Neeraj, #339429) in response to a "lost item" claim again confirms the "shipping error", with the further information that the carrier lost the shipment. I am again assured that I should be able to track the new order's status within 24-48 hours. A reply I send to this e-mail is never responded to. Shipping status of original order: "In Transit", with a note that a tracking number should be available in 48-72 hours.

4 December--A new order number still not being in evidence, I initiate another chat session. Khushboo Sharma tells me that the replacement order was cancelled because the shipping status is still "in transit", meaning that it's on its way to me. This person (assuming it was a person, I very much got the impression based on the canned nature of some of the responses that it was an automated system) had absolutely no idea why anybody would tell me that there was a "shipping error" or that the carrier lost the item. I was told that I would get a tracking number when it reached the carrier's regional center--within 48-72 hours. I reply that it shipped on 12 November and was supposed to get to me in 4-7 business days. We're already well past the 48-72 hour mark. Yes, the representative replies, but I have no information that the item was lost. Then when should I be getting my laptop? I ask. I don't know, is the reply, and I'm sorry for the confusion, but I have no further information for you. I file another "lost item" claim online, and I'm assured a response within 6-12 hours. Session ID: 544823. Shipping status of original order: "In Transit", with a note that a tracking number should be available in 48-72 hours.

5 December--No response to my lost item claim. I call Dell Customer Service. Helen, id# 861568, says that they are sorry, that they will initiate a replacement request, that they will do it right now while I'm on the phone, and that they will do it by calling a person to make sure the system doesn't kick out the replacement request because of the "in transit" status being shown in the database of the original order. If they have a machine with the specs I ordered, they'll get it out to me today; if not, they'll have to build one. After being placed on hold for a few minutes, this person comes back and says that they couldn't get through to anybody, and that they don't want me to wait on hold any longer, so they say they'll call me back within 2-3 hours with confirmation information. This call never materializes. In the evening, I call and ask for a supervisor. I explain the situation to Michael, a "special case representative", who explains that Helen initiated another request but that one was cancelled as well because they have no information that the package was lost. He tells me that APX shows the package as having been accepted at the post office on 22 November, and says that somehow the notification that should have been generated letting me know it was there just didn't get generated. He says he'll send an e-mail to APX, including me on the CC line, asking them to re-route it to my home, and that I should have it within 48 hours. He also provides me with the APX DirecTrace tracking number, 9102112047761501001040, and assigns this customer service interaction case #117469918. A phone call to APX confirms this information. The e-mail promised by Michael never appears. Shipping status of original order: "In Transit", with a note that a tracking number should be available in 48-72 hours.

6 December--a phone call to Kathy at the post office, telephone number (812) 988-2262, reveals that they don't have the package, and furthermore, she tells me, they never did. It's explained to me that pallets are scanned, not individual items, and if they got the pallet on which the laptop was supposed to be, plus the manifest, then the tracking system would show that the item was "accepted" regardless of whether or not the individual shipment was present. Amanda at APX (telephone number 888-335-5744) confirms that the post office only got the manifest, and that the original shipment is lost. She tells me all I can do is call Dell and ask for a replacement. I call Dell Customer Service again, explain the situation, and ask for a supervisor. Rita tells me that one will call me back later in the evening, and gives me case #118861175. I never receive a call back. Shipping status of original order: "In Transit", with a note that a tracking number should be available in 48-72 hours.

7 December--At 2:25pm, I call Dell Customer Service again and ask for a supervisor. Cathy, id# 56765, tells me one will call me back within two to three hours. At 5:39pm, having not gotten a call back, I call again. Elisa (who did not provide an id#) says she will transfer me to a supervisor. An hour and fifteen minutes later, I'm still on hold. I hang up and call again. Finally I am connected to a supervisor named Jacquelyn, to whom I tell this entire story. She says that the severity of error leaves her speechless. All she can do, she says, is refund my money--for whatever reason (this is not explained) a replacement is simply not possible, so she will credit me for the full amount and I can place a new order once that occurs. She assures me that she will put that through that evening, and that in 5 business days maximum, I will see the money back in my checking account. She further assures me that I will not need to call again. She gives me case #118861175. Shipping status of original order: "In Transit", with a note that a tracking number should be available in 48-72 hours.

8 December (today)--I receive an e-mail from Dell confirming that a credit has been processed—for $24.00. This appears to represent the original shipping charges. A further phone call to Dell Customer Service and a conversation with Binny, id #98303, reveals that Jacquelyn put through a credit request for the full amount, but that it cannot be honored until the machine is recovered, and that even then it will take 7-10 business days for it to be processed. "I don't know why you were told what you were told," she says. I explain that APX told me that the package was lost, which is why the problem exists in the first place. Binny calls APX, who tells her that the machine is on its way back to Dell. She then tells me she will e-mail me as soon as it has arrived, and will do so again when the credit has been processed. As with Jacquelyn, Binny assures me I will not need to call again. This gets added to case # 118861175. A phone call to APX on my part connects me to Gloria, who says that their system still shows the package as having been "accepted" at the post office, confirms again that it's lost, and knows nothing about the package being on its way back to Dell or any phone call from Binny. Shipping status of original order: "In Transit", with a note that a tracking number should be available in 48-72 hours.

Mr. Dell, I'm afraid I have little confidence in the ability of your customer service department to fix my problem at this stage of the game. This has long ago crossed into territory that can only be described as "ridiculous". Therefore, I am writing to you in hopes that you might be able to do something about this. I have had wonderful experiences with Dell in the past, and ordered a Dell laptop this time because the last Dell laptop I ordered was fantastic, and the ordering process was painless. I intend to make another laptop purchase within the next year, and the resolution of this issue will have a significant impact on how I make this future buying decision.

The bottom line, Mr. Dell, is that Dell Computer has $2,180.54 of my money for a laptop I've never seen and don't know if I will ever see—and I can't seem to get anybody in your customer service department to care or do anything about it. I have been apologized to several times in the last twelve days, but it would appear that no effective action has been taken. I simply don't understand.

Please, Mr. Dell, help restore my confidence in your company.

Sincerely,

Richard Barrett
1610 E. 1st St.
Bloomington, IN 47401
(812) 219-0286
richardtenor@gmail.com

Now, Mr. Dell, I really wish I didn't have more to tell you. Sadly, I do.

On Friday, I called Kathy at the Nashville, IN post office again to ask if she could send me a letter stating in writing her stance that they don't have the package and never did. She agreed to do so. I then called APX (http://www.shipapx.com) again to ask why, if they agree the package has been lost, they don't update the shipping status to "lost" rather than leaving it as "accepted". Speaking with Amanda again, she said that "lost" cannot exist as an official shipping status. I pointed out that because of this, every time I talk to Dell Customer Service, I have to re-convince them that the laptop is indeed lost. Then I get an apology and an assurance of action--only to have the action cancelled because when it gets looked up, the tracking system says it's at the post office, and I'm back at square one. Amanda acknowledged that Dell doesn't want to hear me say it's lost, that they need APX to acknowledge that it is lost--"Ask for a conference call with you on the line the next time you call them," she suggested. In the meantime, she said, she'd initiate a warehouse search at the originating warehouse in Clayton, OH, and see if it turned up anything. She said she'd call me before close of business on Friday.

She didn't.

I then went to Key Bank and asked what my options were under these circumstances, given that I placed the order on a debit card rather than a credit card. I was told that I could certainly dispute the charge, and that they would essentially tell Dell, produce his laptop or we're taking the money back. "I'm guessing they won't want us to do that, and that this will get resolved pretty quickly," I was told. I'm waiting for the forms to arrive.

Today I tried calling APX again to try to follow up on the warehouse search Amanda said she'd initiate. I got Gloria again, who despite agreeing with me before that the package had been lost, now said that the shipping status of "acceptance" reflects a physical scan on the part of the post office, so it has to be there. "No," I replied. "What the post office told me is that they got the manifest and scanned the pallet the package was supposed to be on--that they don't scan the original item itself. And when I talked to you last, you agreed that that was the likely scenario."

"I'll transfer you to Amanda," was her response.

I waited on hold for Amanda for a couple of minutes. Gloria came back and said, "Can I take your number and have her call you back?"

"I'll wait," I said.

"You'll wait?" she asked, sounding a bit confused.

"Yes. The last time I did that I didn't get a call back. So I'll wait."

"Well, sir, I can't let you do that, because there's just the two of us, and I can't transfer you to her because her line's busy. I'll make sure she calls you back."

That was four hours ago. I still haven't received a call back. I tried calling again a half hour ago, and Amanda was on another line. Again, my number was taken. Again, I'm waiting.

Mr. Dell, I have to tell you, I'm getting ready to file complaints with the attorneys general of California (APX's home state) and Texas (Dell's home state). When I call Dell Customer Service, I'm effectively told they can't do anything because the tracking system still shows it as being out there somewhere, and until they have a recoverable package, they can't (or won't) do anything for me. When I call APX, I'm told it should be at the post office. When I call the post office, they tell me they don't have it and refer me back to APX. When I subsequently call APX, I'm told that all they can do is tell me to call Dell and ask for a replacement. When I do that, the whole cycle starts all over again. I'm satisfied with the post office's response--which leaves Dell and APX, neither of whom seems terribly interested in taking responsibility for this situation in which I am stuck.

And that situation is, in summary: Dell Computer still has almost $2,200 of my money for a laptop of which I thus far cannot confirm the existence.

Shipping status of original order: "In Transit", with a note that a tracking number should be available in 48-72 hours.

Mr. Dell, I look forward to hearing from you.

Richard

11 Comments:

Blogger Elayne said...

August 27, 2007


Michael Dell, Chairman
Dell Computer Corporation
One Dell Way
Round Rock, TX 78682

Mr. Dell


This letter may not be as intelligent has I would like to have written it, because it is written out of total frustration.

My name is Elayne Hassen and I am writing on behalf of my Dell Computer. I am having a problem once again. The first time my computer crashed was three years ago, if I am not mistaken, and your office was kind enough too resolve the problem.

Now last year my Dell computer went haywire and crashed also. The Dell Tech(s) walked me through re-installing my Operating System, Drivers and Applications and everything seemed to work well. Now this year I have a problem with my Dell computer again.

I will tell you as simple as I can of the problem(s) I am having.

Main Problem: I could see my Videos, but can not hear them. (Home Videos and Internet Videos)

1. Dell Tech #1 tried everything and could not resolve the problem.

2. Dell Tech #2 tried everything and could not resolve the problem.

3. Dell Tech# 3 said if I re-installed the Operating System it would fix the problem, and we did.

4. Dell Tech #3 was signing off duty after we re-installed the Operating System and could not stay on the phone to install the drivers. That had to wait until the next evening, which Dell Tech #3 did not finish.

5. Dell Tech #4 helped to install the drivers and some of the applications, which Dell Tech #3 did could not. I still had a problem

6. Dell Tech #5 tried everything and eventually passed me on to his Supervisor to escalate it; in turn the Supervisor passed it on and will have some one call me the next day. Tuesday, August 28, 2007, no one has called. My home, work and cell number was given where I can be reached.

I honestly lost count after Dell Tech #4.



Now I have problems that I did not have before re-installing the OS. Not to mention having a “D” drive added which I never had and do not want.

First, I need to tell you that I have did everything to make my system better. I ordered additional memory from Dell making it a total of 4 GB, but the system is only reading 3GB, and that was another issue.

One Tech told me that I need MS Professional in order to see it. Another Tech told me that I am running on 4 but it can only read 3????

I have also upgraded the Graphics Card to a GE Force 7300, as per Dell. I have upgraded my DVD Rom to a Dual Layer/Double Layer and my CD Rom to Rewriteable 52x/32/52x.

I always call Dell asking them which would be compatible and the best for my Dell Computer, and I even order from Dell. I have also added IEEE 1394 Card., and a Wireless Router from Dell, I have done whatever I need to do to keep my computer in top shape. I need my PC it is my lifeline so to speak. I have spent a lot of money making my system better.

I work with a lot of graphics on my pc and I take lots pictures of people from my Church, especially the kids. I teach Sunday school, so I need to be creative for the kids with my PC, and I take a lot of movies that I need to download on to my computer and make DVDs. So you see
Mr. Dell how much my computer means to me.

I have purchased a Dell laptop a few years for son, which no longer works well. The point is I stand by Dell products.

I would like to send my PC back to Dell and have the Senior Techs fix it once and for all, but I was told by the supervisor that I need to speak to the senior person that my case is being routed to.

All I want is for my PC to be fixed and running like it was. I hardly have anything loaded and it is so slow, where I had many programs and no problem.

Mr. Dell, I understand that you are a very busy and you probably will not see this letter, but I need to write it and get some kind of end result.

I appreciate all that you can do to help me in resolving my PC problem(s).








This (Q5R1P4V1YP8VN1217) confirmation number was sent via e-mail because I sent an e-mail to Customer Service on Monday, August 27, 2007, requesting your telephone and fax number, as well as your address.

Again, I called on Tuesday, August 28, in the evening when I got home for work, and it is amazing that no one knows the executive office telephone or fax numbers. Not customer service, not tech support, and not the sales department. I find it hard to believe that a Company as large as Dell has no phone directory??? But, I was lucky enough to find your address on the internet at an “Open letter to Michael Dell” and a phone number and now I hope you will answer me.

I finally spoke to a person by the name of Ernanie, (Id # 97308) who assured me that this would be escalated to the appropriate person/department. She did give me a fax number to customer care (866-240-5923) and the phone number of 800-624-9897 with an extension of 7266966

I told her all that I want is my computer to be fixed.

My Express Service Code: 2 7 3 8 6 3 3 7 3 4 9
Service Tag: CKX4951

Thank you,


Elayne Hassen
(718) 676-6133 (Home after 6:00pm EST)
(718) 616-3040 (Work from 9am to 5pm)
(718) 419-9901 (Cell anytime)
Case # 1 7 2 9 3 7 2 8 2 (Initial Call for Main Problem)
Case# 1 7 3 0 8 1 9 6 2 (Problem after problem)


I took the liberty of copying and pasting this e-mail that says that we can reply back if we have a problem, I did and no one calls back as promised.


Dear HASSEN ELAYNE,

Thank you for contacting Dell's Consumer Hardware Warranty Support. It was a pleasure working with you in our attempt to resolve the issue you are having with your system. I have taken ownership of your case; I will be following up on your resolution.

The following information relates to your recent call.

Case # 173081962

If you need further assistance with case # 173081962, you may contact Dell via email. Simply "reply" to this email. Do Not change the subject line. Changing the subject line will cause routing problems with the email back to Dell. Please include the following information in the BODY of the email message:

8:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I placed this order (2001538138385) on Thursday Nov 19th 2009 and now I received an email telling me that this order has been canceled. This is the 2nd time my order has been canceled by Dell!!! It is not my fault that an error was made in pricing! Dell is quickly becoming an unreliable source of technology as their orders are not reliable. Why does Dell not own up to it and fulfill the orders that were made as they have done in the past??? Does Dell stand behind their prices? Clearly not! why should anyone buy anything from a company that arbitrarily chooses to chancel people's orders? If you made a mistake... than it's on you... it shouldn't be on the customer! Take responsibility for your mistake and fill the order!
When I placed a call to order support... i was bounced around from operator to operator asking me the same questions over and over again and than the call was just dropped!

12:54 PM  
Blogger Atul Pratap chauhan said...

Hello Sir

This is Atul Pratap Chauhan, I am Photographer based in Delhi and working for India Today and Other publication....i had a bad experience from Dell Employee in Bangalore.He is a friend.His name is Satish S Radhakrishna...i came to Bangalore for an assignment..He told me to buy Computer from Dell and told me he can get good discount for me, he send me this mail from Dell.com and gave me this detail http://configure.ap.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?c=in&cs=indhs1&kc=&l=en&oc=S241220IN8&s=dhs..

He send me msg of his account no and more details.I send him 30k in account...and after one month also no reply at all...now he stop piking up my calls also.. i really dont know how to look for this issue, i thought to go for Police and Media but hope i will get some reply from you..I thought to solve this problem in nice way,,Just see if you can help me sir..

1- If somebody want proof than i have all the SMS sent by him, saying he took money and not delivered computer.if someone want
i can sent my Cell Phone to Bangalore and I can forward MSG also.

2- He took me inside the Dell Campus and my sign is therein reception counter date-19th Dec 2009 or 18th Dec 2009.

3- He took me in Dell Gaming center and showed me 24inch Dell Monitor .

4- We had coffee in cafeteria.

5- He sent me mail from Dell email ID.

This is the email id,,,from this email id he sent me mail...Please feel free to contact me anytime..

This guy still works for Dell ...Domlur Office..

His extension at Dell is 9466484



Some of the Dell main numbers I could find are:

1800-425-8045

080-2510-8045






Satish_Radhakrishnan@dell.com

--
Regards

Please take a look at my Portfolio -

Atul Pratap Chuahan
+919818362743

www.atulpratapchauhan.com

For Documentary Photo story..

http://atulpratapchauhan.blogspot.com/

11:44 PM  
Blogger DKM said...

Mr.Michael Bell, I have printed 55 pages of your so called code of conduct handbook meant for your Dell team employees to adhere by. I would like you to know everything in it was a complete lie when it came to my experience w/approx.15 Dell India employees and I am still getting the run around after approx. 2-3 wks. I called Dell tech w/one small issue. My email would not print in blk. The first night of 5 I spent 11 hrs on my cell phone w/too many techs to remember how many. Anyway in trying to solve this seemingly simple issue (all that needed to be done was to replace my blk ink cartridge) one of the techs completely deleted my entire acct w/13 yrs of saved data including files,folders,pics,favs,etc. and EVERYTHING!!!I had no acct in my computer!!! Talk about incompetency! I was ready to kill someone! How w/your so called wonderful technology could this happen? How would you expect a company to repay you for a MAJOR MISTAKE LIKE THAT? Well your folks in India say it's in the past,data can't be recovered so get over it. Sounds like no one in India read your so called "Ethical Principles" Well I DID! Now I'm waiting to see how you personally, since no one else will, feel is fair compensation for about the worst thing that can happen to one of your valuable customers and for Dell's so called reputation for "Our commitment to our customers"("Our customers are the reason we exist.To earn and maintain their trust, we are committed to doing business fairly,honestly,legally and ethically wherever we operate in the world")Now Please stand behind your word because besides money thats all you really have and contact me ASAP! IT IS ALSO AGAINST THE LAW TO DELETE ALL MY PII AND INVALUABLE DATA W/OUT MY PERMISSION! Expect to hear from you w/in 24 hrs regardless of how busy you are. Im in poor health and still had to spend 5 days and nights sitting in front of this comp before a tech that actually knew what he was doing realized all I needed was to replace the blk ink cartridge! I have spoken w/at least 15 or more India employees and they all act as if their hands are tied behind their backs when it comes to reasonalably resolving THEIR MISTAKE!!! I'm just suppose to live w/it or should I say w/out it(MY 13 YRS WORTH OF MY MOST IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND DATA DELETED). Prove yourselve to stand behind your promises that keep you in businesss and personally contact me please. I don't want anyones but your perspective on this case. Case #823580783 Not joking around, DKM

3:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i am vikash kumar, i am completing my mba from aims college due to money problem, i am not able to purchase laptop,so please help me.
my mail id is :-vikashkumar1aims@gmail.com

1:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i am vikash kumar, i am completing my mba from aims college due to money problem, i am not able to purchase laptop,so please help me.
my mail id is :-vikashkumar1aims@gmail.com

1:21 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i am vikash kumar, i am completing my mba from aims college due to money problem, i am not able to purchase laptop,so please help me.
my mail id is :-vikashkumar1aims@gmail.com

1:21 PM  
Blogger morris sebastian said...

Hi Mr.Dell
Can you please try to help your employees from your sick management who are trying to grab them with Red Alerts I was so keen to work with your company but due to my manager i have to leave my job. He was threatening about your not so good alerts Like RED (Low) (Medium) and (High).I know you people are high pay masters but please let the employee also to be happy who are working around for all your profits.
(Truth with Honest)
morris

12:34 PM  
Blogger Dr Vivek S Agrawal said...

DELL is another name of cheating..it is a fraud where customer has respect till he makes payment...he should forget about money and computer..that may or may not come.

3:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sent to Dell today because they hide their phone numbers....If someone has one I welcome it

I have advised my client to buy Dell products for her office 3 times. Each system has had major failures shortly after arrival. The third system is now slated for replacement, which is NOT acceptable do to the time involved in reinstalling every bit of software, printers, scanners, data transfer, etc, etc, etc. The same occurred with her first Dell system (Service Code of the replacement system was 874tgh1). The initial setup of the current system (Service Code 9t97vr1 – a TOP of the line XPS9100 system that was encouraged and customized by one of your sales agents) cost her $800.00 in my billable setup/configuration technical support time. Dell is playing "part part let's swap a part" without any consideration of her time and lost billable time, as well as not being able to perform to her clients’ expectation due to your inferior product. (The client is an accountant at year end "crunch") Prior to filing suit and the associated media attention that our mutual client would seek to generate, we are hoping there is SOMEONE at Dell (other than barely intelligible tech support agents who read "I am sorry for your concern" from a script in broken English) who will care about a customer enough to actually make a call?? Needless to say after 9 years of recommending Dell, I can no longer do so, and I am now encouraging my client's to dump their existing Dell systems, due to Dell’s obvious lack of support. What does one have to do to actually communicate with someone in Dell's corporate office about Dell's COMPLETE and UTTER lack of concern after they get their check? It is of further and equally serious concern, that Dell is offering to replace the system with a system that was recently available at Costco for $300 less, with a monitor, more memory, and a faster processor. It should further be noted that the current system was purchased through AICPA discount, and of course this experience will be reported back to the membership in order to protect the clients’ peers.
If I treated my client’s in the manner that Dell is treating MY client I would be out of business in a matter of minutes. Has Dell really become so large that they just do not care?
Needless to say, 10 days to replace a month old machine that has been out of service for over a week is not acceptable nor is it the stellar customer service you claim to provide.
I am available at your convenience
Jed
Jed@tekbeast.com

1:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sent to Dell today, will they have the courtesy to respond??

I have advised my client to buy Dell products for her office 3 times. Each system has had major failures shortly after arrival. The third system is now slated for replacement, which is NOT acceptable do to the time involved in reinstalling every bit of software, printers, scanners, data transfer, etc, etc, etc. The same occurred with her first Dell system (Service Code of the replacement system was 874tgh1). The initial setup of the current system (Service Code 9t97vr1 – a TOP of the line XPS9100 system that was encouraged and customized by one of your sales agents) cost her $800.00 in my billable setup/configuration technical support time. Dell is playing "part part let's swap a part" without any consideration of her time and lost billable time, as well as not being able to perform to her clients’ expectation due to your inferior product. (The client is an accountant at year end "crunch") Prior to filing suit and the associated media attention that our mutual client would seek to generate, we are hoping there is SOMEONE at Dell (other than barely intelligible tech support agents who read "I am sorry for your concern" from a script in broken English) who will care about a customer enough to actually make a call?? Needless to say after 9 years of recommending Dell, I can no longer do so, and I am now encouraging my client's to dump their existing Dell systems, due to Dell’s obvious lack of support. What does one have to do to actually communicate with someone in Dell's corporate office about Dell's COMPLETE and UTTER lack of concern after they get their check? It is of further and equally serious concern, that Dell is offering to replace the system with a system that was recently available at Costco for $300 less, with a monitor, more memory, and a faster processor. It should further be noted that the current system was purchased through AICPA discount, and of course this experience will be reported back to the membership in order to protect the clients’ peers.
If I treated my client’s in the manner that Dell is treating MY client I would be out of business in a matter of minutes. Has Dell really become so large that they just do not care?
Needless to say, 10 days to replace a month old machine that has been out of service for over a week is not acceptable nor is it the stellar customer service you claim to provide.
I am available at your convenience
Jed
Jed@tekbeast.com

1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home