Friday, January 20, 2006

You have permanently lost a customer, Mr. Dell.

Dear Mr. Dell,

Today I received a letter from the Exchange Return Team, informing me of the following:

"Our records indicate you have been shipped replacement product, but have not yet returned the original equipment."

It further says that my warranty will not be transferred to the replacement until the original has been returned.

I had received a letter regarding this a month ago, but assumed that, since Nancy had dealt with this, that not everything had quite yet filtered down where it needed to, and there was nothing further I needed to do. Apparently I was wrong.

I forwarded all of my correspondence with Nancy to DellUnit_Exchange@Dell.com, CCing Nancy (who, in case you don't remember who that is, you can get ahold of her by e-mail at Nancy_Dorr@dell.com, or by phone directly at 1-800-624-9897, x7262073). I also directed them to this blog. I informed them that, per all of that correspondence, there is no original product to return, that this replaced an order that was lost. I also informed them that, as a result of my problem apparently not having actually been resolved correctly, despite all I had gone through to get my laptop shipped to me in the first place, I will never purchase anything from Dell again. And I mean to keep to that. Not only that, but I will actively recommend against Dell in the future to people I know who are buying computers. I am simply amazed that, after everything I have documented and informed you of, this further problem would develop.

Mr. Dell, you blew it. Dell Computer will never get another cent of my money, or that of anybody I know, if I have anything to say about it.

Respectfully,

Richard

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Michael Dell,
We ordered a 8/17/2007 and received it by mail 9/05/2007.
We have had nothing but problems from this Dell Laptop Inspiron
1520 two hard drives and a LCD
Screen a Battery. Now looks like another hard drive.This is my wifes computer and she said no more Dell are Compaq products.
The computer shuts down when in use, it will not read are connect to the Dell printer we got at the some time. Dell printer 946 so now we have no warrenty and the unit still has all the makings of junk. What do we do now???
Questioned Client,
Larry Nikel
lk.nikel@gmail.com
705 Malone
Houston,Texas
77007
281-704-1248

8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home